Monday, November 19, 2012

Created for God's Glory

Many ladies in our community recently completed the study, "True Woman 101" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Mary Kassian.  (www.truewoman101.com) If you have not taken this study, I would encourage you to do so.  I realized as I prepared the lessons each week how many women do not know what it means to be a true biblical woman.

The women ranged in age from young teens to ladies close to 90 years old.  Many had never heard the truths of what it means to be a woman.  Others needed a fresh insight to biblical womanhood.  Others had very warped ideas on God's creation and purpose for women.

Isaiah 43:7 tells us, "Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory,  Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.”

Created for God's glory.  Think about that.  Meditate on that. Marvel over it.  We were created by Him and for Him in His image. (Genesis 1:27)  How does this truth change your perspective?  Can we see how incredible that is?  When we begin to let the truth of that seep into our hearts and minds, it can radically change us.  When I lose sight of that truth, I begin to focus on my problems, my fears and my hurts.  When I repent of that attitude, it brings clarity once again.

Thank Him for this wonderful truth.  Confess any selfish attitudes or heart issues and glorify Him. "Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created."  Revelation 4:11

1 comment: