Sunday, December 30, 2012

Audience of One

I am so blessed to have a husband who is not afraid of preaching and teaching Truth.  Ever since I have known him, he has talked about an "audience of One."  His aim is to bring the Word to his flock each Sunday and he prays that it pleases the Lord.  He's not afraid of controversy, nor does he shy away from the tough battles.  He knows that the only thing that matters is fighting the good fight.

Being married to him is a learning experience. He has taught me there are battles worth fighting, there are races worth running, and keeping the eye on the eternal goal is the only way to go.

In the end, I so want to meet my Jesus seeing Him in me, not me in me.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;  in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing." II Timothy 4:7-8

Who's your audience?  Do you seek the applause and praise of people?  Or do you seek the audience of One?  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment